Key Stage 3 Curriculum
Curriculum Intent: Years 7 to 9
- The aim in the first three years is to give all pupils a sound basis in knowledge, skills and understanding, in line with the National Curriculum requirements, whilst also preparing them for the developing into successful learners that strive for excellence.
- All pupils study a broad range of subjects that reinforces and then builds upon their Key Stage 2 experiences. This includes English, mathematics, science, a modern foreign language, history, geography, music, drama, art and PE.
- All students follow a strong pastoral curriculum through a tutorial programme focused on personal health and well-being.
- The curriculum is designed to support the mastery of topics and theories with students encouraged to develop their learning and understanding linked to the work and skills they will pursue further at GCSE level.
What will my child be learning?
To find out more about what your child will be learning as they progress through the school, please click on the Subject headings below. Each of the linked documents will provide you with:
- an overview of the subject
- details of topics and projects for each year group
- links for online resources